Are you vlogging? I’m sure many of you are asking, “What is a vlog? Why should I do it?”
A video blog or video log, usually shortened to vlog /ˈvlɒɡ/, is a form of blog for which the medium is video, and is a form of web television. Vlog entries often combine embedded video (or a video link) with supporting text, images, and other metadata.
Did you know video is the top ranking post in social media over plain text or just a photograph? Just imagine how your fan club would grow if you increased your vlog posts. Video posts attract the most intrigue by viewers in social media, especially if you are addressing what-makes-us-watch listed below.
Where can you share it?
- YouTube Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world.
- SnapChat lets you easily talk with friends, view Live Stories from around the world, and explore news in Discover. Life’s more fun when you live in the moment!
- Your website or blog.
- Facebook Connect or Facebook Live with friends, family and other fans. Share photos and videos, send messages and get updates.
- Instagram offers the opportunity to post one minute video. Instagram offers video length editing.
What makes us watch?
- Answer a frequently asked question.
- People are more likely to watch a video on social media posts over pictures or text.
- Keep your video short. Videos are more likely to be watched if they are 1 to 5 minutes in length.
- Offer a “how to.”
Forrester study, Dr. James McQuivey said, “A video is worth 1.8 million words,” and he wasn’t just being cheeky. If a picture is worth a thousand words, and video shoots at 30 frames per second, then a 60-second video really does contain the equivalent of 1.8 million words.